Embracing Life...

I've turned over a new leaf...so to speak. I'm trying to get out of my creative box. I have absolutely no style of my own in my opinion other than fast and easy. Not that there is anything wrong with that...just wanna up my ante.


See what you think...

This card was made using Embrace Life from the new Stampin' Up! Spring/Summer catalogue. I adore the slight Asian flair to this and I guess that's where the black/red combo came from. I'm not sure if I like the white, but I don't have any gold ink that actually stays visible on black, nor do I have a red that will show so white it is.

I used the Gatefold rather than the regular fold. That means this opens in the middle of the card, but I guess you can get that from the pic. Cardstock is SU in Real Red and Basic Black.

I plan on making more of an effort to get crafty on a more regular basis. I have all this stuff and I'm actually starting to feel guilty (gasp) that it sits there gazing at me from the diningroom...if only I could keep the kids off me for more than five minutes......sigh...

On a side note, Hubbs and I get to go to Niagara Falls tomorrow for the night. I told him I needed a vacation and although this really isn't one, I also told him I would settle for one night away. It has to be away cause if we stay home with no kids, all we do is clean and re-organise.....lol! I'm strangely excited. We haven't had a "date" in years...pathetic huh?

Okay I'm off to finish up the laundry and start packing up stuff for tomorrow. I'm excited to get to the Avairy finally!!! TTYL!

Comments

Unknown said…
amazing card...love the black & red.

Popular posts from this blog

Let the heavens sing

Day Five and counting....

Tired...