SNORT!!

Family Day.....

So yesterday was Family Day here in Ontario. A new holiday designed to give a family more time together as a family. Funny thing is, not all companies recognized this new day and therefore not all companies gave everyone the day off... P had his off but being the person I am, I let him stay home while I took the kids with my sisters kids and my mom to the ROM. O M G! HUGE amounts of people! Granted I've not been to the ROM since I was in highschool but geez the last time I was there it was mostly dead. The new section that juts out over Bloor street is a maze to make any rat go insane. Naturally this is where they put the Dinos...and yes my monkeys HAD to see them. Even with the crush of peeps, my guys did awesome and I'm such a proud momma that my boy even squeeled with delight when he saw the terrible T-Rex (everyone's fav)

We wandered around the rest of the ROM when we found our way out of the maze, visiting Egypt (Mummies) then Greece (where my neice said we should steal the money on display) and then back to good ole Americas. Packed with fun and very very busy but for one day, cool. We hit up the gift shop and spent some coin then headed out to dinner. All in all, a successful first Family Day.

Other than that...G got her first GGB which is a Great Golden Bear from her school. Means she's the Student of the Month. Had a little ceremony, got a certificate and a pencil. She was beaming with pride. E's making moves towards a life without diapers and C's biting unsuspecting fingers as hard as she can trying to get those teeth to come out. Life as normal.

There is something bittersweet about a day created for "Families" I mean, everyone has one, but how often is the family put on the back burner so "life" can happen. I'm happy most of the time to say that my life is my family. I don't need a special day, but not everyone is blessed enough to be home full time with their kids. I just hope that mine will someday realize how much they mean to me and what was given up to make sure they had it all.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let the heavens sing

Day Five and counting....

Tired...