It's been

One Week................you know that song from the Bare Naked Ladies. The one that hit it huge for them? Well it's been a week here too but I haven't hit it big. Oh don't get me wrong, there were big hits involved, but none of them were good ones.

Last week Peter decided he'd held off on beating as long as he could and went for it. I think he forgot that I outweigh him, and I'm no wilting flower that will fold at the first sign of a fist. I fought back and I know I won. Police involved, hospital visits for him and it's now one week later.

Yesterday I had my visit with the Catholic Childrens Aid Society. It went okay I guess. How can anything be okay with the CCAS huh? She gave me a ton of things to think about and made me realise even more than ever that I've done the right thing.

I will always love him, but I don't know that he'll ever be healthy enough to be back in our lives, but I still love him. He is the man who gave me my most beautiful gifts in the world. I also know that for them I have to stay strong and suck it all up. Whatever happens from here on out, I've showed them that Daddy's don't hurt Mommy's. I showed them that they come first because if it was only me, I can't say that I would have called the cops. They are my life and I live it only to make them happy and healthy now.

Prayers are always welcome.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let the heavens sing

Day Five and counting....

Tired...