Wow.

It's taken me over a year to do it, but I did it finally.

It is cleaning out my porch.

The porch has always been Peter's domain. He would sit out there for hours smoking and drinking. When he left last year in March, I had some friends come over and take out the stinky smelly sofa bed that was out there. That was my first step.

I replaced the ouside stairs and the porch door so it now locks. That was step two.

A few weeks back, I spent a couple hours out there cutting down cardboard so I could have the recycling guys take it all. I put it out last week so it's gone. That was step three.

Today I came home from work, checked my email and then headed out to the porch. I loaded up two garbage bags of all the junk that Peter had been hoarding for whatever reason. I pulled out the Vacuum and cleaned the indoor/outdoor carpeting. I moved all the remaining stuff around so it's nice and clean. Step four.

I am so proud of myself. I was sweating buckets because it's got no blinds out there and the sun turns it into a greenhouse, but it's almost complete.




All I need to do now is wash the walls and windows and then I can paint. I've not decided if I should attempt to replace the front door or just bandaid paint it for now. Moneywise, I should just paint it, but I really need a new door anyway........

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let the heavens sing

Day Five and counting....

Tired...